Soon Microsoft will launch a new region… Switzerland! With 2 Datacenters, one in the Geneva region (Switzerland West) and another in the Zürich region (Switzerland North).
Advantage of this region
- Swiss entity founded, the infrastructure is completely owned by Microsoft, local staff for the management of DCs.
- Data stored in the Swiss region, do not leave Switzerland.
Initially the following services will be launched soon, for a then a gradual increase in power ...
- Azure IaaS (Virtual Machines, Network, Storage, Backups.
- Azure PaaS (Azure SQL, Azure DB, Cosmos DB, Web App).
- Office 365 will follow after 3-6 months of the launch of the Swiss region.
- Dynamics 365 will follow after 6-12 months the launch of the region.
- SAP-on-Azure (2019)
- Azure Kubernetes Services
- Media Services
- Power BI
Moreover, thanks to this new establishment, Microsoft has signed a large contract with the UBS bank for its transition to the Cloud.
A more complete presentation is available here
Founder of StevenBart.com - Vevey, Switzerland.
I have been in IT since 2001, I work as a Workplace Architect and mainly take care of the administration of MEMCM (SCCM), the mass deployment of workstations and applications. Learn more about me.